Experts have offered that it takes a full year to successfully plan a wedding and reception. Don't have a year? It's still possible to plan a very successful ceremony and reception in a shorter period of time, particularly with the help of a wedding planner. With a shorter planning timeline, you do run the risk that the exceptional professional or beautiful location that is your first choice may be taken.
Of course your best vendors will provide any and all details in writing and will remain available to meet with you along the way so your plans are a complete success. Lake County Wedding recommends buying a large binder at a local office supply store and using it to keep all your wedding details easy to find in a single place.
Here is a rough timeline for planning your very special wedding celebration.
• Engagement Ring
• Assemble a realistic budget and craft your list of invitees.
• Hire Wedding Planner
• Find Your Ceremony Location
• Find Your Reception Location
• Find your Entertainment
• Choose Your Wedding Party
• Send Announcements
• Find Your Photographer & Have Your Engagement Photos Taken
• Select Your Caterer if not provided by the reception venue
• Arrange for your video professional
• Select your Wedding Attire - Gown, Tuxedos and Attendants' Attire
• Select a Jeweler
• Select a Florist
• Begin Travel Arrangements
• Meet with your Master of Ceremonies to discuss the direction/pacing of the celebration
• Select Invitations and Stationery
• Select Transportation Services
• Select Honeymoon Accommodations including the Bridal Suite
• Select and Reserve any Rentals
• Arrange for Wedding Cake
• Arrange Gift Registry including Attendants' Gifts
• Finalize Decorations including Favors
• Arrange for Rehearsal Dinner
• Plan for Pre-Wedding Parties (Bachelor/Bachelorette)
• Finalize Legal Matters (Name Change, for Example)
• Finalize Living Arrangements
• Finalize Florist Order
• Preliminary Hair and Makeup Consultation
• Confirm all Contracted Services and Reservations
• Send Wedding Invitations
• Final Meeting with Master of Ceremonies
• Finalize Ceremony and Reception Details
• Newspaper Announcements
• Arrange for Marriage License
• Final Fittings for All Wedding Party Including the Bride
• Select Ceremony Accessories
• Finalize Salon Appointments
• Confirm Rehearsal Plans and Invite Guests to Rehearsal Dinner
• Arrange Change of Name and Address & Review Legal Documents
• Finalize Guest Head Count
• Begin Packing for Honeymoon
• Bachelor and Bachelorette Parties!
• Pick Up Wedding Rings
• Pick Up Attire - Wedding Gown, Attendants' Attire
• Rehearsal & Rehearsal Dinner
• Finalize Transportation
Your Wedding Day!
Relax and try to take in each moment as it transpires. It's a wonderful day with your favorite people which goes by entirely too quickly. Treasure the experience.